Tuesday 21 February 2012

What a night.

Cor blimey, tonight has been a stressy little beast.

Long story short, i managed to knock my mirror down the side of my drawers and it managed to land on a heating pipe and completely puncture the mofo. I abandoned all dignity and pride, called Dad and cried at him. I did do the grown up thing of ringing emergency help to get the bugger fixed but still needed a hug.
Its a big thing for me to ask my parents for help because i am too bloody proud.
I don't speak about it a lot because its kind of weird. I am a massive kid in most areas of my life - from my absolute OBSESSION with all things Disney to my weakness for a sparkly random fridge magnet. Seriously, if it sparkles and/or has something to do with Disney, then i am on that shit!

When it comes to living on my own, i think its safe to say i can manage. I pay my bills (most of the time. SHHH ELECTRIC PEOPLE, I WILL GET ROUND TO YOU) and i clean the floors. I know how to clean the oven (but i don't cook in it just so that i don't have to go through the cleaning trauma). I keep the cupboards stocked (even though its mostly hot chocolate, fruitellas and breakfast bars) and i generally muddle through life quite nicely. Well...ish.

Tonight though, i just completely went off on one. I was literally sobbing my heart out when i finally managed to get through to my Dad.
I had to admit that i didn't know what the hell a stopcock was and that i was trying to google it. I had to admit that i am a weak little flower that can't move a chest of drawers by myself.
And i had to admit i REALLY needed hug.

Once id calmed down, i went in to action mode of calling people and gathering dry towels. I tried sticking anything i could find on to the hole but that wouldn't work. I wont lie, i did consider nail glue but after the hoover incident, i figured it was best to skip that idea.

Thank goodness for emergency council people. When they got here, they had it fixed within about fifteen minutes-they were very efficient little blighters. Luvdemmenz

And now, to get myself off to sleep before the big weigh day tomorrow. That's one thing i am NOT going to miss about this treatment programme.

I convince myself every single week that i have ballooned but this week feels definite.
Im terrified.
again


No comments:

Post a Comment